Monday 22 September 2014

Mia's Sponsored Review: MTM Therapy at Indulge Skin & Body Lab & Special Deal!


I've always been suffering from stiff shoulders due to long hours at the computer (plus bad sitting posture), and the stiffness will eventually 'move up' my neck and then eventually manifest itself as either my random migraine attack or my yearly cluster headache attack. 
So I was really glad when I was given at chance at trying out this TCM related Meridians Tissue Manipulation (MTM) therapy at Indulge Skin & Body Lab. 


MTM therapy is a form of remedial massage that uses buffalo horn tools which allow the therapist to go deeper into our muscle tissue to 'untie' the knots within, providing a much more effective relief for chronic pains, muscle stiffness and fibromyalgia. As this massage works directly on our meridians, which are the channels in our body through which our qi flows, this therapy will also help to relieve symptoms that arises from meridian blockage, such as water retention, weight gain and etc.

The areas upon which we can perform MTM therapy on includes:
1. Eye
2. Face
3. Back
4. Buttocks
5. Arms, Chest and Shoulders
6. Tummy
7. Legs

For more information on their individual benefits, visit Meditrina's website HERE

For my case, I was advised to try their back therapy, which helps to alleviate both upper and lower back pains and consequently improve complexion. The therapist, Chira, upon hearing that I suffer from frequent migraines, also went on to perform the treatment on my arms, shoulders, neck and head.

I was ushered into a small and clean treatment room and given disposable shower cap and undies to change into. Chira was also very polite to make sure that I was already lying face down on the bed before she entered the room.
And before I move on with my experience of the therapy, let's see how the buffalo horn tools look like.

A total of 5 different tools were used as shown, with 3 sizes of the horn-shaped tool, 1 small spatula-shaped (rounded plus flat tips, and 1 flat plate with 4 different edge detailing. The flat plate gave a sensation that's closest to 刮痧 (gua sha) while the other 4 tools produced a much deeper, specific pressure. Depending on the area and intensity of the 'knots' encountered, the therapist will switch between the 5 tools to give the best effect. 

My therapy started off with the application of this Soothing Moxa Pain Relief Essence on the major meridian points on my back, namely two sides of my neck, shoulder blades, mid/lower back and base of my spine.
If you understand Japanese Kanji or Chinese characters, you'll know that the product name can be loosely translated into palm's acupuncture. Indeed, as explained by Chira, this quick acting pain relief essence adopts nanotechnology to allow the essence of the ingredient to penetrate into the skin to give a 30 seconds DIY acupuncture session to alleviate the pain at targeted area.
Using her palm, Chira pressed the product on my skin until I felt this warming sensation before patting the area lightly to complete the application.
With difference in level of meridian blockages at different areas of my body, I experienced a significant difference in the time taken for the warming sensation to be felt.


After application of the Soothing Moxa Essence, Chira then started the massage with buffalo horns using the Ageless Herbal Cream with Chasteberry extract ($178), winner of the Cozycot Women's Choice Award 2012. Unlike other oil massages, which leaves your skin oily and in need of a shower, this cream gets fully absorbed into your skin in the course of the massage to give you many benefits, such as:
1. Smoothen skin texture and work on skin renewal
2. Promotes blood circulation and reduce appearance of wrinkles
3. Gives a firmer and more curvaceous bust line
4. Promote stronger immune system
5. Improves vitality, stamina and endurance
6. Strong anti-oxidant effects help to increase defence against free radicals
7. Alleviate PMS, menopausal symptoms
8. Supports bone health
9. Increase muscle strength and physical fitness
10. Restore physical and mental energy to optimal levels
11. Speed up recovery from illnesses

And for the buffalo horn massage, it goes with the usual TCM theory of 不通痛,痛則不通, which means if you have blockages, it's going to hurt. And of course, it hurt a great deal for me, with the worst pain experienced at my left shoulder blade, which explains the usual migraine and cluster headaches on the left side of my head. The knot was so bad Chira could hardly get the horn to move and she had to switch to the flat plate to ease it out first before she could get the horn to work, calling it a 'big project'.
And just like what my usual TCM doctor has been telling me, Chira could easily deduce that I suffer from weak lungs (hence the usual colds and 100-days-coughs) and weak gastric with bloat from all the knots she located in my back muscle tissue. And by constantly easing out these knots to unblock my meridian blockages, it will help to alleviate all my current pesky health issues.

And as preempted by Chira right after the treatment, parts of my arms and back started to bruise up slightly the next day, together with a stinging pain on the skin. But compared to bruising from 刮痧 and cupping, these bruises are way lighter and could be easily overlooked at a glance and goes away on the 3rd day for my case.
But all these in exchange for better health, better complexion, and most importantly no more migraines and the dreaded cluster headaches, why not?

And that's Chira, their best therapist who is fluent in both Mandarin and English.

Are you suffering from chronic pains, sciatica, constipation, indigestion, bloatedness, or even facial issues like dark eye rings and saggy skin?
Give this MTM therapy a try and experience the benefits for yourself!


Indulge Skin & Body Lab is located at
1 Vista Exchange Green #B1-27, The Star Vista, S(138617)
Nearest MRT Station: Bouna Vista (5 minutes walk)
Tel: 66942072

For more information on Meditrina's products and treatments, visit their WEBSITE or FACEBOOK

And for all my friends and readers, you'll get a special discount! Just quote MiaMTM10% to enjoy a special 10% discount for the treatment, Ageless Herbal Cream not included.

Till then,
Mia Foo

15 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds effective. I've never been one for traditional massages after a very unfortunate *cough*painful*cough* cupping session I had with a woman who took far too much pleasure in what she did. haha ^^;
    I don't know, perhaps traditional methods are just too profound for me... haha GIG Love!

    xoxo Rin
    Fuurin Diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely experience, thank you for sharing! <3 GIGLove

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a facial therapy using the buffalo spatula as well. That is really a great experience. giglove

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds good place to relaxing and treatment your skin..
    i wish i can try it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...... using a buffalo horns tools ?! Thats pretty interesting......... GigLove

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are some interesting tools! i wonder how they use them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting tools! But I am feeling a bit scare of them, just seeing them laid out like that. It's like a hospital operation in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love cupping..it help relax my bodyyy....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that place! It looks soo lovely perfect for a pamper session!

    GIG Love
    xoxo Chaicy - Style.. A Pastiche!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cool place!! With all the interesting tools and everything =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an amazing place to spend hours and take care of ourselves. we need more places like this
    xxx
    mari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Such a cool place. I want to pamper my self. Thank you for sharing this.


    www.nellanelwan.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always wanted to try! Maybe I will when i visit singapore :)

    GIG love

    www.gilliannong.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! It must be heaven to undergo such therapy after a long and stressful week. I wish I can try this soon :)

    ReplyDelete