Friday 12 December 2014

Mia's Review: Rimmel London Salon Pro Chip Test

I've recently dropped by Watsons, intending to pick up the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Polishes, but ended up getting Rimmel London Salon Pro and Loreal Color Riche Le Vernis instead due to the range of colour selection. 

And if you didn't know, Rimmel London Salon Pro boasts up to 10 days chip resistant nail colour with gel shine finish. So, will they deliver what they've promised? Let's put this nail polish to a chip test!

And I picked up the colour in 411 Navy Seal. It looks a little electric bluish in the picture due to flash, but it's actually a pretty greyish blue colour.


As with their other polishes, the Salon Pro comes with their precision maxi brush to make application on my big nails a breeze with really just 2/3 swipes needed for each nail. I can use up to 5  swipes for 1 nail when using other standard sized brush in nail polishes. 
The colour payoff is really good as well, with almost full opacity gained in just 1 coat. And as you can see, without any application of top coat, the finished manicure looks shiny and glossy. 
And that marked Day 0 of my Rimmel London Salon Pro Chip Test!



Day 1

The manicure obviously is still considered perfect, except for the 'surface scratches' that got imprinted on while I tossed and turned in my sleep. The high-gloss effect, however, has lost it's shine. 



Day 3

Some small chips can easily be seen upon close scrutiny. However, still considered pretty negligible. 




Day 5

The 'receding hairline' got more visible and some scratches got deepen into small chips. 




Day 7 

The chips basically has gotten beyond my acceptance. Usually when the chips get this obvious, I would have removed all the polishes and paint on a new colour. 



Day 8

I guess the pictures say it all. Chip test terminated prematurely at day 8. 

I do not do any household chores, just a lot of typing away on my computer every day, if that contributed a lot to the extreme chipping from day 7 onwards. Anyhow, 10 days chip resistant? Nay. But the results I got is still pretty awesome, judging from the fact that I did not use this with any top coat, and that they're just chip resistant and not chip-proof. The maxi brush is also a big plus point for this polish, and with a pretty affordable price tag, I'm definitely going to grab more colours off the shelf! 

Have you participated in my Lush Christmas Giveaway yet? Check out how you can win a Cinders bath bomb and Snowcake bar easily, HERE.
In addition, I'll be having another giveaway on many more beauty products coming up soon so do follow me here and check back often!

Till then,
Mia Foo

20 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this hun... sad it didn't work.... www.cindysplanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful colour! Too bad it didn't do what it says it does =( I love Essie or Revlon, they last on my nails!
    www.tipstokeep.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour you've picked is so nice!!!
    I'm sure you'll love it more with a top coat ;-)
    Have a wonderful day and thanks for this detailed review!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with posting 8 days demo, this color is so pretty :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post.. I know how hard is to have one nail polish on ur nails for 8 days uhh.. :-),Rimmel is pretty great.. GiG

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue is pretty! But I prefer a darker shade of blue. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color reminds me of Revlon nail polish in Indigo. Anyway, nice review dear.. :)

    ~gig
    www.fiarevenian.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think the color is nice.. i love it..
    i wish i can find it at my country..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this. Though I don't use nail polish but I like the colour a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous shade of blue. Thx for sharing the outcome

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an interesting test actually and I think it's a great idea! Shame it didn't last so long though as it's such a pretty blue x
    | Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog | // GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love the colour of the enamel!! But sad that it dint pass the chip test! Thanks for the honest review

    GIG Love
    New Post - xoxo Chaicy - Style..A Pastiche!
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmm.. the color is super nice! but sad that it didn't pass the chip test . this is why i always prefer gel manicures! thanks for the honest review !

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a gorgeous blue color <3 I love Salon Pro range by Rimmel. They've got some real nice shades on the self x

    ReplyDelete
  15. i know what you mean by surface scratches! it annoys me :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Solid results. I'm not into that color, but maybe it's because of the flash.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am yet to find a truly chip resistant polish but I think this one is pretty decent. Nicely reviewed dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That color is ready nice! I find it difficult to find a nail polish that really doesn't chip anYways. Gig

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colour but it doesn't last long :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with you the Rimmel nail polishes are not so long lasting. I own this colour and it such a shame it doesn't last longer because it such a nice shade.

    ReplyDelete