Friday 6 July 2018

Focus Hairdressing: Oway Flowerfall Head Spa



credits to beautyundercover.sg

Recently I've went back to Focus Hairdressing at Chinatown Point to try out the latest addition to their hair service, Oway Flowerfall Head Spa! (read about my experience HERE on beautycover.sg)
And I liked it so much that I decided to bring my mum over for a treat! And also because my mum's dandruff issue is getting unbearable, so I thought (was hoping) that the head spa would be able to do her scalp some good.

credits to focus hairdressing / Oway

The Oway Head Spa comes in 3 variation:

helichrysum - for sensitive scalp
sage - for oily scalp
thyme - for dry scalp


On top of that, the herbs & clay peeling cleanser that is part of the base step of the head spa, also helps with removal of the very dry (old and flaky) skin on our scalp, which helps with preparing our scalp for better absorption of nutrients.
Turns out, both my mum and I have dry scalp, and apparently the dryness of my mum's scalp manifested as a "dandruff problem", which just got worse and worse as she switched from one anti-dandruff shampoo to another anti-dandruff shampoo. Because all of these anti-dandruff shampoos are meant to target dandruff arising from OILY scalp. And when my mum's problem stems from dryness, those shampoos just made her condition worse! 


The head spa starts off with a head-neck-shoulder massage, coupled with aromatherapy (you may get to choose one of the 3 blends according to your liking/needs, and it will be added into your scalp treatment as well) to soothe and invigorate your senses. 


 And so that's my mum enjoying the massage. HEH! 


After the rejuvenating massage, the treatment blend herbs concoction is then applied and massaged into our scalp. I love that it gave a soothing and cooling sensation on our scalp, gives me the feeling that all the ickiness and impurities on my scalp are getting cleansed off (and in fact, they are!). 

After leaving the treatment blend on our scalp for about 30 minutes and washing it off, it's on to the final step of the head spa. The flowerfall water!


The flowerfall water (花露水) not only a has smoothing effect for our hair, but also comes with anti-aging properties for both our skin (scalp) and hair. 
I didn't get to see the setup previously when I experienced the head spa for myself (for my eyes were covered), so I had absolutely no idea what was going on around me. It's so interesting that they set it up in a funnel over our hair and let it drip down slowly over the course of about 5 to 10 minutes. The slow trickle of the flowerfall water was a little ticklish for me initially though, took me a couple seconds to get used to the sensation. 
But I love the effects of the water on my hair! Mt hair felt legit like I've done hair treatment on it after the flowerfall water step was done. 

And now, here's the before (left) and after (right) shots of my mum's condition. Not only the flaky skins (dandruff) were gone, but her hair itself also appear shinier and "softer". 

And here's a closed up scan of her scalp's condition.

Before: Speckles of flaky skins everywhere and hair roots full of hair product remnants (silicons).

After: TADAA~ So clean!

Focus Hairdressing (Chinatown Point) is located at
133 New Bridge Road #02-03
Chinatown Point

For more information on the Oway Flowerfall Head Spa Scalp Treatment, visit Focus Hairdressing's FB page HERE

Till then,
Mia Foo

0 comments:

Post a Comment