Friday 12 September 2014

Mia's Review: Skinnymint Teatox

Yup, I jumped onto the teatox craze bandwagon 1 month ago and started my own 28 Day Teatox with SkinnyMint! 

In case you still haven't heard of SkinnyMint (only possible if you're not on any social networks), they're a 2-step natural tea programme that helps achieve the best natural cleansing, energy boosting and detoxifying effects. 
I've purchased this product with my own money, so this is not a sponsored advertorial. I have followed the regime (of drinking the tea only, not a clean diet) closely and I can say that I've achieved what I want to achieve. 

Per set of 28 days ultimate teatox, you'll get 28 teabags of the Morning Boost blend and 14 teabags of the Night Cleanse.

-credits to skinnymint.com-

The Morning Boost blend helps to boost our metabolism and give us higher energy level throughout the day while the Night Cleanse blend helps to clear our poop-congested tummy and reduce bloating. 

And the main reason why I decided to try SkinnyMint out was due to my horrible bloating at one point of time. It was so bad, I was experiencing pain and patting on my tummy resembled hitting a drum, no joke. 
My measurements before I started SkinnyMint:
Waist (above belly button): 75cm.
Abdomen: 91cm (yikes!) 

And after my first day (or night) of Night Cleanse, I woke up to a visibly flatten lower abdomen! Yes, the bloating reduction effect is THIS quick. Or perhaps I was too bloated after my crab feast, which was why it showed effect so quickly. 

Anyway, my measurements now after completing 28 days of SkinnyMint:
Waist: 72cm
Abdomen: 88cm (Huat ah!)

As for my weight, they remained the same with my usual fluctuation of ~1kg. So yup, I did not lose any weight at all. But that's because I never saw this product as a slimming tea, and my motive was to detox (clear my constipation) and reduce my bloating, so I didn't bother to put myself on a eat-clean diet at all. 

Now, on to my review of the products. 
-credits to skinnymint.com-

I simply love smelling this Morning Boost blend! It smells so yummy, of pineapples and strawberry with a hint of grapefruit. 
But taste wise, it's just a normal, unsweetened Japanese green tea taste. 
It's stated on the back of the package to leave the teabag in hot water for 4-5 minutes. But it's actually not long enough for the tea flavour to come out at all. What I did was, I left it sitting for 15 to 20 minutes because I start to sip at it, with the teabag still left sitting inside my mug for another 5 to 10 minutes before I throw it out. 

And as for that boost of energy level in the day? Nope, sorry, I didn't experience that. My usual morning coffee (which I omitted while on this 28 days teatox) did so much better for that morning wake up call. 
So throughout the 28 days, I was pretty miserably doing my paperwork in office, trying desperately not to doze off at my table (bosses seated right behind me), all the way from 9am to 6pm. 
Ended my teatox on Thursday and revert to my usual morning coffee on Friday. Whoa, I felt so much better typing away at my desk. 
Gym sessions after my work didn't get any better either, and in fact, on bad days, I felt even more lethargic after exercising. 

So yup, I may continue drinking Morning Blend, but only because I love drinking green tea and I love the fruity scent of this tea. But for the effects that it boast to give? Nah.... I'll rather stick to my trusted coffee. 

-credits to skinnymint.com-

And drinking Night Cleanse blend is actually not as enjoyable, all because of its taste. :(

Smelling and tasting strongly of ginger and lemongrass, drinking this tea every other night became more of a chore. I was hoping that the peppermint and hawthorn berries tastes will mask up the ginger-lemongrass-licorice root combination, but it turned out otherwise. I have no idea why it's stated as an earthy-lemony blend, but it's not lemony at all, unless you add in your own lemon slice to it, which I've seen other ladies doing so. 
Nevertheless, in return for the not so pleasant taste, you get a good efficacy of this product. The morning after the first night, I visited the loo for up to 4x! I wasn't really diarrhoeaing, even though I did experience some loose stools, but was passing out all the toxins I've accumulated in my body. 
I shall spare you the details here, but you'll know you're being detoxed once you observe your own stools, won't you? 
A small (gross) tip, better to find a more private toilet whereby you can clean up the *cough cough* sticky, black mess *cough cough* easily. Or, if you're not that considerate enough to leave a clean toilet for the next user, then so be it. 

For more information on SkinnyMint, visit their website HERE


Till then,
Mia Foo

53 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try their tea! I even follow them on Instagram. I definitely plan to one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this safe for your body? without any effect for the long term..
    it would be nice if you can share about your picture before and after using :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel that this is good for long term consumption, especially the night cleanse. As ingredients like senna and licorice root are natural laxatives, long term consumption may induce dependence.

      Delete
    2. It is all natural. I have it now and it wakes me up in the morning (I usually take a nap before work but I didnt today) I don't see why it would be that bad for you

      Delete
  3. I saw the ad for so many times!! And I really wanted to try it. But is it safe for the body?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've completed 28 days without much harshness felt. But I don't feel that this is good for long term consumption, especially the night cleanse. As ingredients like senna and licorice root are natural laxatives, long term consumption may induce dependence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the instructions say that if you were to continue with the skinnymint, you need to take a month break before you resume using the night cleanse

      Delete
  5. i curious with this tea, is this tea really good? i always want to do detox tea plant but still not sure because i dont really like if i must go to toilet often, hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm first few days after night cleanse there was abit of toilet rushing. my friend felt it throughout her 28 days i believe. for me, the diarrhoea-ish effect wane off quickly and it just turned into normal toilet visits.

      Delete
  6. I've wanted to try some kind of teatox for a while now, I've never heard of SkinnyMint. I'll have to look them up now. Your measurements changed a lot! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard quite alot of bloggers trying Skinnymint! And glad that works for you since you dont do a diet change, solely relying only on teatox. Would def check this out! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love detox ways that don't need diet changes! I recently tried one of the medicines very similar to tea out here and it worked wonders for me!! Reduced hair fall, glowing skin and no fatigue at all what-so-ever!

    If this brand were available in my country would have tried this as well!!

    GIG Love
    xoxo Chaicy - Style.. A Pastiche!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard about this brand before. However this looks famous >.<)a

    VISIT MY BLOG<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't believe any kinds of teatox or detox product because I've tried all those products and I didn't lose my weight much :P. Good marketing in selling their product. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. detoxing by right will not make you lose weight. your scale value may drop if you have very bad constipation problem as some can store up to 3kg worth of stools in their body.

      Delete
  11. Recently many bloggers have been talking about it too, gotta go try it out heh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oo i haven't heard of this one. ive tried bootea but it gave me bad stomach aches :( reluctant to try this one :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never heard of teatox but going by your article, I am sure it is awesome. Would love to try it out :) GIG

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think these type of detox really help flush out water weight along with toxins, but overall would really be best with proper diet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice! I need this. I'm actually a sucker for products like this. Will further look into it. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is new to me. Never heard about it before. Seems great.


    www.nellanelwan.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. seem like a great product!!! tea sound like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the review! I'd love to see what you think of the Tiny Teatox at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is interesting! I love drinking tea, but haven't tried a teatox. Will it give me stomach upset?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the night cleanse did make me visit the toilet excessively in the beginning, but there wasn't much cramps nor uncontrollable loose stools for me.

      Delete
  20. Lovely review :) Love this product! Would like to try

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey yooo... I like the way you write and review the products. Detail and yet don't sound boring. You just get a new follower to your blog.. well done.. keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. did results of regular bathroom visits continue after the 28 days or did you go back to constipation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the excessive toilet visits definitely stopped once i stopped the night cleanse. but i didn't really suffer much from constipation again (like 1 whole week, no shit) after stopping the tea, but that's probably because i started drinking more water too....

      Delete
  23. Did you see any improvements in skin complexion? I know some detoxes are supposed to help in clearing up break outs etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, not really. but i do not suffer from huge break outs by the time i started skinny mint so i cannot comment much on that,

      Delete
  24. Thanks for the honest review! So hard to come by these days with sponsored bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, If i begin this for two weeks, what will occur after those two weeks? will my metabolism still remain high and will the bloating be gone forever...or is it only while on the product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't believe the effects will last you forever after taking it for 2 weeks. products like this are more like a "catalyst" to kick start a new, healthier lifestyle. it helps to get your "change" easier and accelerate the initial results for you. if you want to keep your metabolism high or avoid bloating forever, you have to change your lifestyle and diet for the long term.

      Delete
  26. This is a very good and best herbal product for loos body weight, It's 28 and 14 Day detox program is a good option for everyone . Thanks for share this Post about of Skinny tea detox program.

    ReplyDelete
  27. did the night time tea make you need to use the bathroom at night? in the morning? or throughout the day? don't want to be using the bathroom to go #2 all day at work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for me, it's always in the morning after breakfast. it doesn't make me wake up in the middle of the night nor make me run to the washroom for #2 the entire day. but the results might differ for individuals.

      Delete
    2. Should taking the tea change your stool colour? Black stools can be a sign of an upper gastrointestinal bleed! I would consult your doctor!

      Delete
  28. I read your blog. Its really good. you have nice contecnt and very good information. Its very helpful to all.weight loss tea| best weight loss tea |oolon tea benefits

    ReplyDelete
  29. The most effective detox tea I have tried is from a small company from Australia called www.stayleantea.com.au . This tea was easily the most effective fat burner and cleanser with 100% natural ingredients. Would definitely recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. My night cleanse i took and did not have any effect on me the first night .Is that normal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. first night? the effect should come the next day, not the same night. :)

      Delete
  31. The good news is that Chinese leaf teas can be a great alternative. They are zero calorie drinks, thus you won't intake additional calories by drinking tea. If you drink more tea instead of high-calorie drinks, your pounds will be shed. In addition, a substance in tea called 'polyphenols' enzymes contribute a lot for weight losing. It can break down fat and lower the risk of obesity, both benefits increasing energy expenditure and decreasing fat absorption. This is why the natural Chinese slimming tea really works. Collect your slimming tea here

    ReplyDelete
  32. Girls this is just another fad that could be harmful in the long term don't waste your hard earned money, they say it's not a diet yet they post up photos of before and after of weight loss very clever when you detox you lose fluid not weight. I'm not saying detox is bad for you but you need to be careful bottom line is if you wish to lose weight it takes time eating the right food and excercise and hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have the 14 day trial. The day time tea taste like hot water to me and gives me no energy, my appetite has gotten smaller. I do eat a little less then what I did before and crave the foods less. The night time cleanse is just horrible! It has this spicy bitter taste and the laxative affect isn't right away like you think....for me it happens hrs after I wake up the next day, and it give me this horrible stomach cramps way....worse then pms cramps. I do pee alot more and well...the laxative part does do its job just hrs after you expect it to. Regardless if it works or not because of the taste and the painful cramps I will not buy this product again.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have the 14 day trial. The day time tea taste like hot water to me and gives me no energy, my appetite has gotten smaller. I do eat a little less then what I did before and crave the foods less. The night time cleanse is just horrible! It has this spicy bitter taste and the laxative affect isn't right away like you think....for me it happens hrs after I wake up the next day, and it give me this horrible stomach cramps way....worse then pms cramps. I do pee alot more and well...the laxative part does do its job just hrs after you expect it to. Regardless if it works or not because of the taste and the painful cramps I will not buy this product again.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Kickstart Your Healthy Lifestyle With the Original 2 Step Program Today! Get the body you want in 28 Days. Free delivery worldwide, Visit us now!www.skinnymint.com

    detox tea skinny

    ReplyDelete
  37. Please keep sharing more and more information about this.This is a good information of the fashion licensing articles and really like your site.
    healthy weight loss & best skinny tea detox



    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nothing’s better than starting your day with a hot cup of delicious tea that energizes more
    than coffee and kicks your metabolism into high gear…
    So try out this invigorating fat burning tea first thing in the morning and give me your
    thoughts...
    You can check it out here: https://tinyurl.com/y73h7dhn

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey, love your review! If anyone wants another opinion/honest review, check out my latest video http://bit.ly/EllieMayYouTube

    ReplyDelete