Saturday 11 July 2020

Persona Nutrition: My 2 Weeks' Update

Earlier this month, I've mentioned about starting my #PersonaPack from Persona Nutrition; and now here's my quick update after being on the customised supplements for about 2 weeks now. 

If you haven't read my 1st post on Persona Nutrition, do check it out HERE to know what is it all about. But in a nutshell, Persona Nutrition is a supplement subscription that does 28-days personalised vitamin packs, helping us to take the guesswork out of supplements.

And here's the list of supplements and vitamins I've chosen for my PersonaPack, based on their recommendation, after completing their online assessment. 

Really appreciate these small tips that came along in the supplement booklet. I never knew that Omega-3 doesn't go well with warm beverages!

Love how handy and convenient the packs are packaged too! Starting off with a daytime pack, you just keep on pulling and tearing off the packs (they alternate between day-time and night-time) from the "dispenser" and just eating all the pills and tablets that's pre-packed in each of those handy little packets. It's also so convenient to just tear off the packets and pop them into your bag to take them on the go if you happen to need to leave the house before having breakfast; or if you're also intermittent fasting like me. 

Anyway, other than tackling my B-vitamins deficiency (which is taken care of by that trusty Foundational Multi in my daytime pack), my top priority when choosing my supplements out of the recommended list is the sound slumber supplements. 
For my entire life, I've been having trouble falling asleep. I don't really suffer from actual insomnia (eg. disrupted sleep throughout the night) but it can take very very long for me to fall asleep while lying in bed. 

Sometimes, it can take me 2 to 3 hours just to fall asleep; so I've technically been surviving on an average of 5+ hours of sleep daily all these years. YIKES!

And here's a screenshot of my sleep tracker on Fitbit App. 
LOOK AT THAT, PEEPS! 
And yeah, on that one day, which I dropped back to 5+ hours of sleep; it was because I forgot to take the bedtime supplement pack 1 hour before my bedtime. Instead, I took them AT bedtime. 

And another important aspect for me is my runner's knees. I've been relying on glucosamine+msm for months now, but somehow Persona Nutrition doesn't carry glucosamine at all. 
Can't tell if it's a placebo effect for glucosamine or what, but somehow just taking the msm alone isn't doing wonders for my sore, cracking knees. But then again it's just been barely two weeks, so I'm still remaining hopeful. 

And of course, you can't leave the PersonaPack out when indulging in an unbalanced diet on cheatday, yes? 

For more information on what Persona Nutrition has to offer, check out their website HERE

Till then,
Mia Foo



0 comments:

Post a Comment