Monday 15 February 2016

Mia's Review: Blingsome Lip Tattoo

It's been a while since I read other blog reviews about this lip tint tattoo by Berrisome and when I saw this by Blingsome on Althea, I decided to grab one to try it out.

If you're curious, I've already reviewed Skinfood's Pore Fit Cushion Bottle a while back HERE.

The directions for use are all in Korean, but it's still pretty self-explanatory with the pictures. You put on a layer of the product, wait for it to dry completely before peeling them off to get the colour 'tattooed' onto your lips. 



And here's my before and after photos. The colour shows up more brightly in the picture, and the streaky uneveness in colour was washed out. In other words, it looked pretty bad IRL. 

Totally taken aback with the lack of results, I decided to do a hand test to see if it's because of my natural lip colour that's preventing the lip tattoo's colour from showing.

 In a desperate attempt to make it 'work', I've applied an extremely thick layer of the product (so thick it was dripping off) and waited near to 30 minutes for it to dry completely. 

And... Yup, the colour payoff really isn't that great. 

Well, the only plus point is, it is really smudge-proof and doesn't transfer, not that there's really much colour on your lips in the first place to transfer anywhere. 

And there's another brownie point off this product for the horrible taste. It's not that I will love to eat my lip product, even though it does smell all nice and peachy. But do keep in mind that you have to keep a thick layer of the product on your lips for a good 5 to 10 minutes and during that period of time, chances are you'll end up getting a try of its horribly, acutely bitter-sour taste. It's really not that pleasant, especially when you come to realise that after all the hassle (and tasting bad stuff), you get almost no colour payoff on your lips. 

So to sum up, the conclusion is simple. 
DO NOT BUY THIS, ESPECIALLY NOT IN THE SHADE OF HONEY LOVE. 

Till then,
Mia Foo

15 comments:

  1. I have never tried lip tattoo... and I'm so curious!!! :D Even though I might not like them, I still would love to try them :)
    xoxo

    novelstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lip tattoos are all the rage now apparently. I heard the one from Monomola is much better though and the color payoff is nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never try lip tattoo before, but I'm not really into trying it either. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with Ileana! haha i'm curious too.. but thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too bad that it's not pigmented enough and that it has a terrible taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i thought it looked great on the lips, but too bad about the uneven colour =(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen so much lip tattoo products over social media. But never liked. Heard it's not good for the lips mainly because the lips is absorbing the chemicals of the product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the Lip tattoo on you. The colour is perfect. THanks for a detailed review.

    xoxo - GIG Love - Chai - Style.. A Pastiche

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lip tattoo definitely sounds interesting but too bad that the taste is not good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who doesn't like something with a cute panda on it hehe:p it's such a shame that it didn't turn out as good as you expected, thanks for the heads up though :) x
    Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, this leaves such lovely stain. Might gonna order this with my next althea purchase.

    Do drop by... GreenStory

    ReplyDelete
  12. the lip color it looks great on you.
    very natural and pigmented finish look

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very honest review. Ive never really tried a lip stain or tattoo but if I do... I wont go for this lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I tried this last week from a different brand but was not totally impressed either. I still have another lip tattoo from another brand and will see how that pans out.

    ReplyDelete