Tuesday 26 April 2016

Mia's Review: J.ONE Jelly Pack


After seeing this product in Ha Ji Won's segment in Get It Beauty, I got so intrigued by this miracle-sounding, multi-purpose skincare product and quickly jumped onto the 'buy it' tab when I found it on sale at Qoo10. 


From the product name of this flagship product of Ha Ji Won's beauty line, it definitely sounds more like a sleeping face pack but since HJW used it directly on a cleansed face under her make up (and recommended doing so), I ended up trying it out the same way first.


The product comes with a pump head that dispenses the thick, salve-like gel in very manageable amounts so there's no fear of over dispensing the product. I uses about 3 to 3.5 pumps for my day routine and up to 4.5 pumps for my night routine.


The gel is extremely thick and tacky, which comes as a huge surprise (I can't really say it's pleasant) and I really wondered if I should apply it under make up. Actually, I even fear putting it onto my face as I'm very prone to clogs from rich, creamy products. 


After spreading the gel across the skin, wait for a few seconds before using your hands to pat it in delicately, after which your skin will feel extremely sticky and the stickiness will take a while to go away. I highly suggest that you incorporate this jelly pack into your morning routines only when you have the luxury of  time to wait it out, for I usually wait for 5 to 10 minutes after patting the gel in for the tackiness to go away. For my oily skin type, I have to say there's still a slight stickiness that stays behind regardless of how long I waited, which I feel is pretty obvious from the sheen created on my right side of my hand that's with the product as compared to the left side that's left bare. However, I feel that this tackiness is also the make up gripper, that holds onto whatever foundation you put onto your face.


And so, let's test it out with the Missha x Line Magic Cushion (Brown), which is supposedly the one that gives you a matte finishing. 
(A review of this cushion is on the way, so do stick around!)

 Right side: 1 layer of Missha Magic Cushion over J.ONE Jelly Pack

Left side: 1 layer of Missha Magic Cushion

As you can tell (I hope), other than making the supposedly matte finishing rather dewy, having the jelly pack under the bb cushion also gave it an overall smoother, more flawless looking finishing with some really evident pores diminishing effects. 


And here's a badly taken selfie to show you how my bb cushion ended up looking dewy (instead of matte) and the final finish way more refined than it would be without applying the jelly pack. 

A downside of using this jelly pack under make up, is that it turns everything extremely dewy and the foundation will just slip around on your face and never sets. The only base make up I currently own that managed to set on its own on top of the jelly pack is the Skinfood Pore Fit Cushion Bottle (my review HERE). And for everything else, setting them with a good dust of loose powder can never be skipped. 

Even so, as I do not believe in really mattifying out the entire face with a thick layer of loose powder (and risk walking around with a caked-up face), I left my face semi-dewy (yes, does feel a little sticky and heavy for I have extremely oily skin) on an extremely hot day (weather these days are absolutely crazy!) and my daily walk out to the MRT station (3 bus stops' worth of brisk walking, takes me around 20 minutes) left my face literally raining perspiration. I definitely thought that my foundation would have totally melted, or worse, turn streaky (perspiring beige sweat, oh no!). But a quick dab of my sweat-covered face showed minimal transferring of my foundation to the piece of tissue paper! 

And the slight discomfort of a heavy, sticky face for the entire day aside, I was pleasantly surprised to find that most of my foundation stayed put for the 10 over hours I was out, with all the crazy sweating from my daily routines.

As for the usage as a sleeping pack, I feel that the results is pretty decent, giving me well hydrated and plump-looking skin the next morning, but I do not really enjoy going to sleep with a sticky face.

So have you ladies also tried out this super-tasker wonder product? Tell me your thoughts on it!

You can get J One Jelly Pack and other products in their range at lazada.sgamazon.com or qoo10.com.sg

Till then,
Mia Foo

20 comments:

  1. Hmmm...it looks effective. Your skin does look plump and fresh. I might try this one, too. I'd probably test it first to see if I don't get any adverse reaction to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your skin! It looks so flawless and white! The Jelly Pack looks quite nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, It sounds promising but the stickiness is such a big deterrent for me. I think I can get the poreless finish from other primers instead

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't normally use products like this. I am content with a facial cleanser and a moisturizer. I'm sure a lot of make-up enthusiasts will like this product though, despite the fact that it can feel sticky, it has a good staying power.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are the ingredients of the J. ONE Jelly pack? I have highly sensitive skin, only 100% natural and organic skin products and cosmetics work for me.

    Your face looks fresh and your skin seems blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried using a jelly back but it seems to work well with your skin. I'm quite particular about things I place on my skin since my skin is acne prone. I'm also wondering about its contents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we have no brand like that here in Manila but is it avail thru online shopping? how much is it by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like it when you described it as "extremely sticky." I think it will not be conducive to spread such a product on facial skin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have an oily skin and gel substances do leave a 'film' on my skin. Once I just threw away a sunscreen. I don't think this would suit me..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like an effective product. I love this kind of product because they moisturizes. I should buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice product review. Hope it's comfortable with an oily skin type?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd have a problem with this since I have oily skin. I don't want anything that is going to have my makeup sliding around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think perfect for dry skin and probably good to use at night time before heading bed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Didn't know about this brand. Pores, fine lines mostly all women will face. It is good to use some such product to maintain the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have an oily skin but don't really like to experiment when it comes to my beauty or makeup routine. I doubt this will suit me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Great effect to your skin. I just love it! First time to hear this product, a must try indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So it's like having to tolerate a sticky face, but your makeup doesn't wear off? Hmmm... Not sure if this will be good when I am someone who hates that feeling..

    ReplyDelete
  18. It did make your skin better and it looks radiant. There were no visible pores.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have tried it, and i have to say that the sticky feeling isn't very heavy on the skin, in fact it's pretty light! And it does give the face a smooth and dewy look that glows. I have combination skin and a very sensitive one with acne scars, so it can get pretty oily on my tzone area by end day, however after using this product, I have to say that it kept my face thoroughly moisturized the entire day under my make up (sulwashoo perfecting foundation and Mac loose powder), so much so that not only does it keep my supposed end day oiliness at bay, it actually helped my make up last the entire day! I use it at night too and It does help my moisturiser absorb better (I slap on my moisturiser after the jelly pack) and gives my face the same dewy look as well as a firm hold and I wake up to a moisturised face too and somehow if evens out my skin tone too. Been using it for 1 week now (day and night), best thing about it - No breakouts so far! I'm definitely adding this to my skin care regime from now on.. And I'm definitely gonna replenish it once it's empty!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. reviews are fantastic, i seen this products at shopee.ph and they are sold cheap. is there any chance they are fake? or they really are just on sale. thank you

    ReplyDelete