Friday 26 June 2020

BestInSingapore's SushiDelivery [Sponsored]

Couple of months ago, I've received a table full of yummy treats from sushidelivery.sg (review HERE). This time round, I'm super elated to have Best In Singapore sending over more delicious treats from sushidelivery.sg again! 

Drool-worthy, yeah?
This time round, bestinsingapore.com has sent over a great selection of bento, maki rolls, salad and sides/appetizers from sushidelivery.sg. 

Chicken Karaage Set Bento - $10.90 (usual RTP $14)

Currently only selling at $10.90, this bento set is a steal! Comes with a generous serving of chicken karaage that has managed to retain most of its deep fried crispiness upon delivery, along with a generous portion of fresh salad (that's so colourful and appetising!), chuka wakame and umeboshi! There's something addictive about eating plain Japanese pearl rice with umeboshi, don't you agree? 

Kani Salad - $6.90 (usual RTP $8.30)

Judging at how well sushidelivery.sg does their side salads for the bento sets, I've high expectations for their actual salads and I must say I'm not disappointed. Although the portion size is not impressive enough to fill me up (but I have to say, it takes alot to get me full), the selection of vegetables (lettuce, purple cabbage, bell peppers and cherry tomatoes) are super fresh and goes well with the roasted sesame dressing. The amount of shredded kani (crabstick) and tobikko (flying fish roe) added on top of the salad was also super generous, more than enough for me to have a substantial amount of "meat" in every bite.

And now for the maki rolls and sides. 


California maki was one of the few sushi that I started eating when I first got introduced to Japanese food, and they're still one of my favourite go to sushi now. Some comes with avocado, but sushidelivery.sg roll theirs with cucumber, which added a nice crunch to the overall mouthfeel. The generous coating of tobikko on the outside also added a nice savoury touch to the overall taste; you just cannot mess up a california maki.
The Kappa (cucumber) maki was pretty basic, but definitely a great choice to have if you're watching your diet. HAHA!

Chuka Kurage - $4 (Usual RTP $4.67)

I remembered having these (seasoned jellyfish) in my bento set in the previous menu, and they were really good when paired with the steamed rice. But eating them straight up on its own got a little too salty. You definitely need rice to go with this.


So glad to have these yam net sponge roll in the menu again, as I really LOVE them! 
(my review of them HERE)


Look at that crazy amount of katsuobushi (bonito flakes)! And I love that they only added the minimal amount of mayo over the top, and packed more separately instead of just drenching everything. 


There's basically two types of Takoyaki, the more "deep-fried" kind that comes with a slightly crispy exterior and an overall firmer bite and the more authentic Japanese kind, which are softer and more mushy in the centre. Well, I believe the latter is more authentic because that's how the takoyaki tasted like when I had them in Japan. These are definitely the authentic kind, with the centre just barely cooked to retain the slightly gooey, mushy interior. 



My Huawei P30 failed to pick up the bits of shrimp inside here, but they're there. HAHA! I'm not a fan of "balls" (meatball, sotong ball etc) in general and this kind of tasted like a sotong ball with bits of shrimp added to it. But the crouton coating was a huge plus point though, making these super crunchy and addictive. 

For more information on what Sushi Deliver has to offer, visit their website HERE.
And for more reviews to find out the best things Singapore has to offer, visit bestinsingapore.com

Till then,
Mia Foo


0 comments:

Post a Comment