Sunday 20 September 2020

BestInSingapore's Shepherd Pie's Delivery [Sponsored]

 

Sometime last year, I've mentioned about trying the yummy chicken shepherd's pies from Shepherd's Pie Singapore. Back them, they only had beef and chicken shepherd's pies available on their menu and now I'm happy to find out that they've expanded their menu (mac 'n' cheese, pasta, lasagna, burgers)! 
Not only that, but they're also rated as one of the best 5 pie delivery in Singapore by BestInSingapore

And to comfortably feed 5 adults for lunch (although I have to say my mum's appetite is more like a bird), I got a medium lasagna and a massive mac 'n' cheese shepherd's pie! 
First up, this time round the delivery was actually delayed by 45 minutes and the food just mere lukewarm. But it's probably due to the crazy downpour happening right at the hour of my stipulated delivery time; so can't blame them either. It's more of my lack of luck, I reckon. 

Why choose between the creamy goodness of cheese and the spicy kick of black pepper, when you can have both with our new Mac ‘n’ Cheese Black Pepper Chicken Shepherd’s Pie! Delicious Chicken Mac n Cheese with a generous serving of cheese and our special Black Pepper gravy. If you’re craving for some Mac n Cheese with Black Pepper Chicken, you can’t go wrong with this!

As compared to their standard Shepherd's Pie (which has a layer of baked mashed potatoes), the Mac 'n' Cheese Shepherd's Pie comes with a top layer of Mac 'n' Cheese (duh?!) instead. However, as mentioned earlier, the food came merely lukewarm, hence the cheese has considerably harden up when we tucked into the food, which was definitely a shame! And they're actually also rather generous with the cheese, so we really had some slicing work to do with a sharp knife to cut up the solidified melted cheese. 

The harden mac 'n' cheese aside, the black pepper chicken filling was so good! Instead of minced chicken they've previously used in the standard Shepherd's pies, this time round it was big chunks of well flavoured chicken meat! Love the savoury and subtle spicy kick of the black pepper, which definitely cuts through the heaviness (and would-have-been) creaminess (if the cheese was still melty) of the Mac 'n' Cheese to make you want to go for seconds. 
If you're a fan of Mac 'n' Cheese, and at the same time, want something meaty to "complete your meal", then this is your jam! 


DELIVERED: Pia's Homemade Lasagna (Medium) 
WITH BEEF & NOT VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY 

Sigh.... I was quite stumped for words this time round. My family and I (except for my HB) do not eat beef due to religion, hence I chose the vegetarian friendly version of their lasagna. But it ended up being OOS on my stipulated delivery date and they sent the BEEF VERSION without informing on the order being OOS and checking with us if it's okay to switch to the beef version. 
My parents actually ate the lasagna, thinking it's 'minced mock meat' and I dare not tell them the truth after finding out that they've actually sent us beef. *facepalm*
I can only say, the ignorant is not guilty. :(

To check out Shepherd's Pie Delivery expanded menu, visit their website HERE
Also, do check out BestInSingapore for more lists of the best of what Singapore has got to offer!
All food-styling photographs with credits to Owari Photography 

Till then,
Mia Foo

0 comments:

Post a Comment